Hope & Courage International is a Non-Governmental Organization registered under the Registrar of Societies in Kenya. The organization was founded by a cancer survivor who found hope from a small boy who was also going through cancer treatment and he inspired her to embrace the journey and treatment with a keen focus on Cancer Awareness, Support, Education and Sensitization.
Hope & Courage International (HCI) was founded with a keen focus on creating Cancer Awareness and providing support to kids battling cancer and their families.
During one of the conversations the boy said that he would wish to donate his wheelchair to another deserving child in the case of his demise. This inspired the Founder to focus on establishing a haven( a safe place) for children battling cancer and help grant a child’s wish.
HCI goal is “Healing through Strengthening the Body, Educating the Mind and Nurturing Hope & Courage.”
More About Hope & Courage International
A sustainable, healthy and productive community for children battling cancer and/or other life-limiting illnesses.
Providing a safe haven, infusing hope, creating happy memories, and improving the quality of life for children battling cancer and/or other life-limiting illnesses.
Our purpose is to brighten the lives of children who are living with cancer and/or other life-limiting illnesses, between the ages of 3-18 in Kenya and East Africa.
- Excellence in Performance: HCI works to ensure that its programmes are high quality, effective and efficient. They are results-oriented, achieving both development effectiveness and desired results; and are gender and age sensitive as well.
- Partnership: HCI works respectfully in collaboration with Kenya county governments, communities, the private sector, and donors, bringing together the unique resources of all to achieve common objectives.
- Teamwork: HCI board, staff, and volunteers work by mutual respect and accountability, dialogue and collaboration as well as to recognize the contributions of each person, to build strong relationships within and beyond HCI.
- Integrity: HCI consistently works in a spirit of mutual trust, honesty, transparency, and accountability.
- Open Communications: HCI is committed to the timely and regular exchange of quality information amongst the board, staff, volunteers and other stakeholders as a basis for informed, consultative decision-making in our operations.
- Diversity: HCI seeks to have a workforce that reflects inclusivity.